Friday, February 8, 2013

A Blessing and Some Football



This past weekend Ryan gave our precious daughter a name and a blessing. It was a very sweet blessing, and it even made my eyes leak a little. We sure do love that little girl.



The men who stood in the circle included my dad, my brother, 2 brothers-in-law, Ryan's 2 brothers, Ryan's stepfather, and our bishop. Maya was dressed in a beautiful gown that I just love, and she was perfectly wonderful during the whole thing. Ryan said she was just looking around, enjoying the bouncing. I suppose that makes up for her outbursts later on during Sacrament Meeting! :)

After Sacrament Meeting our whole group came back to our house for a late lunch. There was quite a spread! I had put pork and chicken in separate crock-pots that morning to make sliders, and our house smelled absolutely magnificent when we got home! I think everybody enjoyed the food and company.

After lunch we took some pictures to document the special occasion.



  

 

 

Then... at 4:30 PM... it was kickoff for the Super Bowl! Everybody stayed except for my sister and her husband, who had to get back home to Fort Collins, so our house remained quite occupied for the rest of the evening!





I had every intention to watch the game and/or sit and chat, but for whatever reason, I was busy the entire time. I don't even know what with. I did put together some pizza crust dough to make homemade pizzas later for during the game. I guess time just flew by. Nonetheless, I had a really great time hosting the get-together.




Ryan and I put together pizzas to have for dinner. We made 4 medium pizzas and 8 little individual pizzas for kids. I had fun assembling and baking those, even if I thought the smoke alarm was going to go off a couple of times. You see, in the directions for baking the pizza crust I make (thank you, Pinterest, for leading me to such a superb recipe), it says to preheat the pizza stones in the oven at 500 degrees for 30 minutes. 500 degrees is very hot. Smoking hot. Literally - when we opened the ovens to pull out the stones to actually start baking the pizza, smoke came billowing out (that may be a bit of an exaggeration). The stones were definitely hot enough to keep the bottoms of the pizza from getting soggy! I would not have cared too much if the alarm went off, but it would have been just a tad bit loud for Maya.



 


At any rate, the pizzas were yummy and I think they were a hit. It wasn't until the next day that Ryan and I remembered that we forgot to get out the 5-layer dip and hummus to have as snacks during the game as well. Oh well - I don't think anybody really missed them.


Thank you to everybody who participated in that day, and we missed all of you who were not with us!

2 comments:

Mom said...

That was such a special day--loved getting to share it with you!

Maya was such a sweet and beautiful little baby, and the food and company were awesome!

Thank you!

Holly Meehleis said...

Sorry Garrett and I had to book it early; we enjoyed the time we spent there! And hey, we stayed until like 6:00 and Brady left way before us! Just saying! ;)