Thursday, February 21, 2013

Valentine's Day 2013

Valentine's Day this year was pretty great. Rather unexpectedly so!

We had decided the day before that we would go to sushi for dinner to celebrate. We have found this little joint in Westminster that we really like, so I called to make reservations. But the only time they had open was 9 PM. We decided that was too late, but Ryan said we could go the next day. "So are we going out tonight?" I asked. "No." He said.

Well, fine. "Pick up a pizza." Ryan laughed at me and said, "Have you lost that lovin' feeling?" I guess I had, even though it was silly because we were still celebrating, just not that night.

Ryan got home and did not have any pizza. Instead, he had crab legs, cocktail shrimp, lobster tails, wild rice, spinach salad, garlic bread, gourmet cheese, crackers, berries, sparkling pear cider, and cheesecake. Welcome back, lovin' feeling!







Ryan cooked the whole dinner himself. I would have helped, but I was handling the baby. He did such an amazing job! The food was incredible, and I was really impressed.

 


After dinner we watched You've Got Mail and ate our cheese, crackers, berries, and cheesecake. 


And to top it all off, Maya was great! We tried to lay her down, but she was wide awake. So I held her (swaddled) during dinner, and she did not make a peep. She was still awake after dinner, so she got to lay with us on the Love Sac while we watched our movie, eventually falling asleep around 9 PM I think. It was a great Valentine's Day gift to us!

Ryan was a fabulous Valentine this year. I am so grateful that I get to spend every single February 14th with him. I don't know how, but he always impresses me. I am so lucky to have such a romantic guy for a husband!

1 comment:

Mom said...

When even Baby cooperates with the valentines day plans, that's really one for the books! Glad you had such a special day.