Friday, February 15, 2013

No Chocolate? No Problem.

A few months ago I was on Pinterest (I know I talk about that a lot, but I'm really not on it that much...really). I pinned a recipe called Snickerdoodle Blondies. I pretty much love snickerdoodles, and the person from this blog raved like crazy about this recipe, saying that they stay wonderfully moist until they're all gone.

So I tried it.

And you know what? WOW. SOOOO GOOD! The first time I made them Ryan's reaction was, "Mmmm!!" And immediately took seconds before his firsts had even two bites gone. I made it again like 5 days later (which just happened to be a couple of days before Maya was born. It was quite nice to have a treat waiting for me at home). I made it again for a Christmas get-together. And again a few nights ago. Seriously, this dessert is heavenly.

It does stay wonderfully moist until they're gone, just as promised. The edges get a little crispy, which I love. It is a great alternative for people who either can't eat chocolate (me) or don't like it (my sister and 3 other people on Earth). It has quickly become my go-to dessert when I have a hankering for baking!

Here is the link: http://www.myownsweetthyme.com/2010/04/secret-to-soft-snickerdoodles.html

Try it and ENJOY!

2 comments:

Mom said...

Chocolate of course is amazing--but like you say with a substitute like this I could go for quite awhile without missing it too much! I loved it when I sampled it at your house--can't wait to make it myself! Thanks for sharing the recipe!

Holly Meehleis said...

...me and 3 other people on earth. pfft whatever. If that's the case, it's pretty amazing that I've met like 2 of them already! lol

You know I'mma be trying these bad boys! They look scrumptious!