Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Time Together

Yesterday our 32 GB memory card was maxed out. We have taken about 2,000 pictures since Maya was born (and that's just on that card). Holy cow! She is getting a lot of camera time, that's for sure!


She is finally big enough to sit up (sort of) while leaning against something. I don't know why this is exciting for me, but it is. 


She is pretty good at looking at the camera, too. :) 


She has discovered the wonderfulness of putting things in her mouth. Or at least sucking on stuff. She won't really hold on to any toys just yet, so it's usually her hands that make their way into her mouth. Yesterday I was holding her and she went to town on the burp rag on my shoulder. I like that it doesn't always mean that she's hungry like it used to. Now she's just exploring!

 

(I don't know why these few pictures are sideways. I couldn't fix it, and they aren't on my computer that way. Oh well.)


I have been spending some time with Maya on the floor everyday, just chatting. I really love holding her, but I realized that she will never learn to roll over, let alone crawl, if she is always sitting in my arms. She hasn't tried to roll yet, but at least she has the chance to now.


I really love spending that time with her. I call it our Mommy-Baby Time. I can tell this girl anything, and she will listen quietly and then respond with some sort of brilliant insight. I have yet to interpret her, but I love that she will talk to me.


During this Mommy-Baby Time I had our camera (obviously) and I was showing her the pictures. She laid quietly looking at the screen with me. I actually forgot for a moment that I was with a 2 1/2 month old, and not somebody who could comprehend what she was seeing.


I think that she enjoys chatting with me also. If she is getting a little cranky, she cheers right up if I lay her down and get real close to her. Then she knows that she, and only she, has my undivided attention for a little while.



And this little face makes me so happy, all day long! She cracks me up.


I am cherishing these moments, but I can't wait for her to get older so we can really play together!

3 comments:

Holly Meehleis said...

I love it! Little Maya is already growing up so fast! Who knows? Maybe she does comprehend what she's seeing on the screen, she just can't tell you that she understands ;)

Can't wait for our get together in two weeks!!

Mom said...

How fun to see all the pics of Mommy and Baby--Love it!! I was going to say my favorite but I just can't decide--love them all!

Dad said...

2,000+ pictures!!! That might take a while to look at them all, but it would certainly be a very, very enjoyable way to pass some time. What a sweetheart!! Love you all!!