Thursday, September 6, 2012

The Room

We are starting to design the baby's room! Shortly after we found out that we were expecting, we found this pretty awesome painting at Hobby Lobby. Usually I'm not one for impulse buys, but oh my goodness, I had to have it! I knew that's what I wanted the nursery themed around. It has a white background, a dark brown tree, and a single teal bird sitting in the tree. I love it. I really wanted to match the color of the bird for the paint in her room, but realized that it would turn out rather intense. This is the color of the bird and paint:

source
To help counter act the boldness of that color, we decided to put in some wainscoting. I was hoping that we would get to do this, and Ryan has always loved that look, so when we realized how not-too-expensive it is, we bought some! It will look like this:

source
I have always liked bold colors paired with a bright white. I think it is going to turn out looking really nice when we are finished!

In other - but similar - news, here is me showing off a little baby bump! Almost into the 3rd trimester!


No comments: