Friday, August 17, 2012

A Progression

Since I found out I was pregnant, every four weeks I have been taking belly pictures. I have enjoyed watching and feeling my body change (well.... sort of...). Here's my current line-up:






Still not much to show for being over half-way there (23 weeks today!), but I certainly feel larger. People are usually surprised when I tell them how far along I am. Most people had no idea until I announced it via Facebook when we found out the gender. Doc says it will be obvious to the whole world by 24 weeks. It's been obvious to me since 12 weeks, when some shirts and pants were put into hibernation for a while!

Little baby girl is moving around a LOT lately. So much, in fact, that a few nights ago I dreamt that she managed to stick her entire leg out of my stomach. It was rather freaky so I shoved it back in. Then she stuck out her head. She had dark curly hair and glasses and was not very cute. So I shoved that back in, too. :) Ryan can feel her kicking and rolling around, and I love that he is able to share that wonderful feeling with me.

The #1 most common question I have gotten so far: "How are you feeling?" I feel great, thanks for asking!! Seriously though, there is not much I can complain about with this pregnancy thus far. Morning sickness has been minimal and easily tamed by food. Mood swings have been pretty much nonexistent, and yes, Ryan realizes he is blessed for that. I haven't felt completely exhausted hardly at all, and have actually been able to keep up with exercising 5 days a week. I think the only thing I really don't like is how much I have to go pee! I am sure that will change in the next 4 months, but I am not anticipating anything completely awful (knock on wood!).

I cannot wait to meet this little girl!

4 comments:

THE WILLIAMS FAMILY said...

CONGRATS GUYS!!! I LOOOVED being pregnant, and was NEVER sick (with all four)... EVER! I truly believe that "a good attitude" plays a HUGE part in your physical-being (in any aspect), and staying active helps tons too. You look so so darling Chantal... YAH, FOR BABY GIRLS!!! Keep the updates comin'!

James and Laura Neibaur said...

Wow, I'm so glad you are having a smooth pregnancy. Exercise made a huge difference for me with all four! You look amazing! Let's do a girl night sometime soon!

Holly Meehleis said...

Your dream made me laugh out loud! I doubt your little girl will have curly hair, and she definitely won't be born with glasses lol! Love you!

Dad said...

Thanks for the update, ACDK!! You're lookin' great as ever! And, I can only imagine what your little girl's spirit is feeling emotionally these days! What great adventures lie ahead!