Sunday, September 23, 2012

A Circle of Leaves

My favorite time of year to be Pinteresting is when the season starts changing from hot to cool to cold. I have always loved Autumn - when the leaves start changing, the air gets crisper, and I get to pull out all of my somewhat forgotten long sleeved t-shirts. It's like suddenly getting a whole new wardrobe every year! (Granted, this year is a little different because I won't exactly fit into all of my seasonal fall clothes.)

Along with the season change comes Holidays!! And crafts! I found a cute Halloween wreath to make, but after asking Holly if she wanted to do it with me, we decided together that we wanted to make a wreath that we could hang on our doors in both October and November. So we designed our own! No little tutorial to follow. We felt pretty, well, crafty!

We both got an 18" grapevine wreath for $3 at Michael's. $3! Not too shabby. :) Then we went to Hobby Lobby and bought leaf garland, gourds and pumpkins, and little plastic beads on wire sticks. I also grabbed some raffia (thanks to Ashley for reminding me what it's called!)

We sat at the table and threw them together in a mere 30 minutes or so. We used wire cutters to get the leaves off of the garland, and the pumpkin/gourd sticks and beads we simply shoved into the grapevine. We hot-glued the leaves into the wreath. I also made a little bushel of sorts out of the raffia and glued it on. I managed to get away with just a minor glue gun burn, and our wreaths turned out great!

Holly's wreath

My wreath



Ryan isn't quite as ready for the colder weather as I am, so our wreath won't be making its big debut until October 1st, but I can't wait to put it up and enjoy it until December!

No comments: