Monday, September 24, 2012

le bebe update


People are finally starting to notice (or at least think) that I might be pregnant. I haven't been trying to hide it for a few months, but I guess it took a while for my belly to POP.

A couple of the girls in my primary class have started touching my belly. I don't mind it so much, but it is a little bit interesting. So far no adult has taken the liberty to just touch me, which I very much appreciate.

Ryan and I were at Office Max a few days ago and the woman at the cash register asked me how far along I am. I have been waiting for that question! I pretended for just a moment that I didn't know what she was talking about, but that was clearly embarrassing her (I suppose that was the idea, though), so I told her to ease her pain.

Last night I spent some time watching Baby Center birthing "classes" on my iPad. I got brave and watched a woman giving birth. Oh. My. I am quite glad that I never have to watch myself from that angle! Even though it might have made me want to squench my eyes shut and look away, it was also kind of fascinating. A woman's body is pretty amazing.

I can't believe I will have a daughter in less than 3 months. A few nights ago Ryan asked me, "Can you believe we are going to be parents? We will have that role for the rest of our lives in just a few months. How crazy is that?" REALLY crazy!! But I feel so ready. I am not nervous or anxious about what's to come (including the birth). I think that is a sure sign that this step is right. Thank goodness, because it is a little late to change it now!

2 comments:

andrea said...

Eeeeekk!!! I am SO excited for you guys!!

I can honestly say that I have never seen the baby actually come out, and that is the way I want it. I have no desire. I remember when I was having Ky, after like 3 pushes they told me to look down, but I refused. Barlow had to tell me he was actually out before I would look. I have also never seen an epidural needle. Sometimes ignorance is bliss.

Holly Meehleis said...

You made me laugh out loud! I'm not I want to see birth from a doctor's view point--ever! lol. I'm glad you're ready. I hope I feel that way someday soon, too =)