Friday, May 4, 2012

New Arrival

If you might recall, back in November we moved into our new house. There was some empty-ness that was pretty quickly filled with new furniture. We ordered it all out of a catalog, and luckily enough we really liked it all when it was delivered. Except for one thing. The wrong accent chair was ordered. What we had paid for was a cute striped chair. What we got was a nasty 70's style flower chair. I was, to say the least, upset. We were promised that the correct chair would be to us within the month.

We waited. And we waited. And the guy kept making more and more excuses as to why we still did not have the chair we wanted. I don't really get mad very easily, especially at people with whom I am not well acquainted. But I was super duper peeved at this guy. I wanted Ryan to chew him out!! But he felt that it was important to stay on Jeff's (that is the man's name) good side since the chance of us getting the chair was completely in his hands. Fair enough.

Last week I had had enough. I wanted my chair. I wrote a carefully worded email making it painfully obvious how unhappy I was. I may have used words like "disgusting", "nasty", "fed up", and "unacceptable". I sent it to Ryan to forward to Jeff since I did not have his email address. Ryan rewrote the entire thing (which later proved to be smart) to make us sound less bitter. Basically gave him a deadline of setting up a plan of action to actually fulfill the promises that he made.

The next day Jeff called. He had the audacity to be mad at us! What?!? He said he didn't like where it was headed and straight up refused to put anything in writing. Hmm... sketch much?? But he did promise to get everything taken care of - I took that with a huge grain of salt.

So this morning, 6 months later, we had a lovely delivery at 7:15. Our new chair! I wouldn't go downstairs because I just knew that I would not behave in a lady-like manner. He was in and out pretty fast, but not without first trying to sell us the gross chair at the price it costs him so that he wouldn't have to take it back with him. HECK no!

Here is a picture from when we first moved in. The chair I do not like is in the bottom right hand corner.



Here is our cute new striped chair:


And here it is in our living room:

(dark picture sort of, sorry)

I am so glad that is all over with!!

3 comments:

Paige said...

I love the "nasty" chair! But, different strokes for different folks. :) Glad it all worked out.

Chantal said...

Paige, if he had let us have it for free (or close to it), I would have gladly let you take it! :)

Holly Meehleis said...

FINALLY! hoply crap! btw, I thought the flower chair was cute, too, but we each have our own preferences! Glad you got it taken care of!