Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Tempura: Japanese Heaven

A couple of weeks ago Ryan and I attended a sale at a man's house. He was selling everything he had because it was his second home and he just needed to get rid of his stuff. We picked up a plethora of new treasures, one of which was a deep-fryer. I must admit that I told myself once that I should never own one because of the food it would allow me to make. But I have since gotten over that. It isn't like we will use it ALL the time after all!

We decided to break it in on Friday. We had a couple of friends over and we made tempura with chicken, broccoli, carrots, and mushrooms. And then we ran out of tempura batter. :( We still had onion rings to do, so we made those with just eggs, flour, and milk... of the vanilla almond variety. And they were delicious!


It was all totally amazing - all four of us really enjoyed it. I have loved tempura since the very first moment I tried it, but hardly ever have it due to its "fried" status. But this treat was perfect! I think I'm going to enjoy having a deep fryer. :)



No comments: