Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Loving Those Purple Mountain Majesties

Ryan and I got to spend the day in Estes Park this past Monday. The weather was absolutely gorgeous -  not too hot or cold. And the crowd was limited. We picked a couple of short-ish hikes that led to waterfalls to fill our day. It was so beautiful. And we were the only ones at both waterfalls! We had so much fun.



Our first hike led us to Chasm Cascades (I think that was the name). We tried to put our feet in the water, but it was super duper cold. In fact, I was squealing as the picture with our toes in the water was being taken. 






Our second hike was to Alberta Falls. We saw several elk practically on the trail. They were so close! It scared me a little, but it quickly became obvious that they were quite domesticated and weren't going to hurt us. Seriously, I think their butts were higher than my head. That was really fun to see.







We had dinner at Mama Rosa's, the same Italian restaurant we ate at for my birthday when we first started dating and the night we got engaged. We have never been absolutely blown away by the food, but the place means something to us so we enjoy going anyway. At the end of our meal Ryan decided to do a little trick with his cup. He picked it up, twirled it around, scattered his ice all over the floor and the poor woman sitting nearby, and then caught his cup midair. It was extremely impressive, and if he hadn't been so spontaneous about it, I might have even gotten a picture! 
All in all the day was fabulous. I hope that we have the time to have many days like it this summer.

3 comments:

Alyssa said...

I miss Estes. And Colorado. Looks fun!

Holly Meehleis said...

Garrett and I are planning to do something for our anniversary next week! Glad you guys had a good time!

Holly Meehleis said...

Um, planning to do something *similar* lol...make a little more sense now?