Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Our Castle and Our Keep

Things are settling in quite nicely around here. There are still some lovely odds and ends that have yet to be settled, but I would say our home is very livable these days. We have one more week until we have company for the first time here - so hopefully things will come together with more completeness this weekend.

I did, however, feel comfortable taking some pictures so that the small group of you who are curious as to what it looks like can be satisfied. I left out the 2 spare bedrooms that are either bare or filled with boxes, guest and main floor bathroom, and the basement. Somehow I think that is okay.

Starting from upstairs... we have the master bedroom. We were excited to be able to fit our larger dresser in it.


Master bath: We are still trying to figure out where exactly to put the towels for easy access. Right now they hang above the tub... on the opposite wall from the shower.


Guest bedroom:


Formal living room: we bought this set from a catalog without actually seeing it. Luckily, it looks great. Except for that crazy accent chair. We didn't order that - they gave us the wrong one and it should be rectified shortly.


Dining Room:


My Kitchen: Excuse the mail being sorted on the island :)


Darling Kitchen Nook:


Family Room:


And last but certainly not least: The washer and dryer. This is the first time we used it. We were mesmerized by it, and actually stood and watched it for about 5 minutes! The best part: the cute song they sing at the end of their cycles. I hope I never get tired of it!


Ryan watching the clothes being washed:


So there it is! I am already feeling like this place is home. We have gone back to the townhouse twice to clean it and get it looking nice for the next tenants, and I can't help but feel like that is not our house anymore. Which it isn't. I just thought that feeling would take longer to come I guess.

Quick sidenote: In case you were wondering how my super long shift went last Friday (you know, the one that I was dreading to no end), it was fine. I actually had fun because my coworkers were cool. And the event we were running was a lesbian wedding. So that made it just a little more interesting.

5 comments:

Paige said...

You need some paint on those walls, girl!!
It looks great, and I have a very different style, but I love the crazy chair!

Crystal said...

Beautiful. Perfect. I love it. I can't wait to see it in person!!

Alyssa said...

Wow! I love it!!! I love the picture of Ryan watching the washing mchine:)

Anonymous said...

Your house looks great!!

Jenni Rollins said...

Wow! It looks fantastic! What cute furniture, decor, etc., etc.! SO exciting.