Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Craft Bug Strikes Again!

Foreword: I love Pinterest. It gives me ideas for many things that I would never think of on my own. It might be addicting, but I am eating some delicious meals and crafting some cute stuff because of it.

Holly and I decided to make our own wreaths out of Christmas ornaments this year. We had a Christmas candle burning, Christmas music playing (which was later replaced by the movie Hook), and Cinnamon Streusel muffins in the oven. The atmosphere was perfection.


We both went to Target and picked out some cheap plastic ornaments. 8 for $1 - not too bad! I think we both ended up using 72 ornaments on our wreaths.


We used old wire hangers to make the circle for the wreath.

(Can you see the wire?) :)

After hot-gluing the tops on the ornaments for a more secure hold, we simply threaded them onto the wire, "squishing" them together as we went to get a full look.


We used 3" wired ribbon to make our bows. She went for a more frilly look, and I did mine with long tails.



Total cost: $12ish. Hardest part: Wrapping the wire back around itself to hold the wreath together - pliers were exceedingly helpful.

It was a great way to spend my Saturday afternoon! Now I have to go start pinning again...

4 comments:

Paige said...

You can do the same thing with jingle bells! But you need stronger wire because they are a LOT heavier!

Jenni Rollins said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE - SUCH a good idea! May need to do it myself when I get a little extra cash.

THE WILLIAMS FAMILY said...

AAAAH, I WISH YOU LIVED NEXT DOOR TO ME... WE WOULD CRAFT AND COOK INTO THE WEE HOURS "EVERYDAY"!!!

Holly Meehleis said...

This was so fun to do with you, Chantal! Thanks for the excellent idea! It's my favorite Christmas decoration in the apartment, besides the tree =)