Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Life Stuff

So. We have moved. Our house is beautiful and I love it, but it is hardly put together so pictures will have to wait for just a little while longer. Additionally, we don't have internet yet so posting pictures wouldn't be as easy. Hopefully by this weekend I'll feel like the inside of this abode is worthy of some still frames.

In the meantime, I have been up to some stuff. I started a new job on Monday at the Westin Hotel in Westminster as a banquet server. I'm a full-time employee. Can I just tell you that I have never before worked "full time" hours?? I have worked 24 hours so far this week. And the rest of those full time hours will be completed on Friday during an 11-hour shift. Yay. It wouldn't be THAT bad (I have worked 13 hours straight at Outback before), but this shift ends at 2 AM and I'm going to be outside a lot of it. Yay again. Okay so I'm not trying to make my new job sound totally awful. I don't mind the duties I have to perform, my feet aren't doing too badly with the constant walking, my coworkers are pleasant, and I get free food. But I am beyond dreading this shift. I hope that the next time I post something I can tell you it was better than I thought it would be. At any rate, I'm glad to be broadening my horizons by getting hotel experience.

I have tomorrow off work, and I can't tell you how excited I am to relax.

3 comments:

Dad Duggins said...

Been praying that you would find the energy and the stamina to be able to begin learning the ropes at your new job! Hope everything goes better than you could possibly hope for tomorrow night on your long shift!

Looking forward to seeing how things are coming together at your new home!!

Holly Meehleis said...

I'm glad you're getting straight into your new job and I hope tomorrow's shift goes well!! Can't wait to spend Thanksgiving with you, and I hope we can get together before then, too! Love you =)

Jenni Rollins said...

Good luck with your job and your house. I understand the pictures thing - my townhouse is finally getting it's finally getting pictures on the wall and decorative stuff up and we've been here for nearly 4 months.