Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Giving Thanks

This year we hosted Thanksgiving for both sides of our families at our house. 3 weeks after we moved in. Can I just tell you - it was awesome? We loved having everybody here! And nothing broke! (yay!)

I prepared 2 turkeys, stuffing, gravy, and mashed potatoes, and everything else on the menu was provided by other family members. Everybody was very willing to pitch in and bring something. The turkey recipe I chose to try was quite a hit. I can't take all the credit though - it is an Alton Brown recipe, has nearly 4000 reviews, and 5 stars. So I figured it was going to be awesome! It will probably be the one that I make for ever and ever.









I enjoy having had the experience of hosting such a large gathering, because now I know that I can do it without going crazy!

3 comments:

Jenni Rollins said...

YAY!

Holly Meehleis said...

Apart from not going crazy, you also know that you can do it very well! I thought it went perfectly!

Tabi said...

I'm super jealous of your kitchen!