Thursday, April 14, 2011

Doesn't that only happen in movies?!

This morning was beautiful. It was snowing nice big chunky flakes. I made myself up for the day, and then headed to school.

I always park about 10 minutes away from school, so I have a short walk each morning. The snow was melting as fast as it was falling, and there was a huge puddle in the gutter at the crosswalk.

As I turned around from pushing the "let me get across the street" button, this happened to me:


And just so you know, this picture does not exaggerate at all the level of splashness that happened. But hopefully the people in the car did not look quite so thrilled about it.

I sadly turned around my nicely made-up self and came back home to redo it all. I know we are commanded to be humble, but...um... I think it is okay that I did not want to go to school looking like a drowned rat with make up running all over my face.

5 comments:

Mom said...

OH NO!!!!! So sorry, what an awful thing to have happen. Come over and enjoy some cookies--the snowstorm got me into the kitchen!!
Cookies fix everything, right?

Jenni Rollins said...

Did they stop to apologize?

Dad Duggins said...

So sorry this happened to you!!

Anonymous said...

haha sorry that happened, i would be so mad.

andrea said...

That sucks!! I hope you tracked them down and left a strongly-worded letter.