Sunday, April 17, 2011

Conquering the mountains!

Ryan and I have been mountain bike shopping for me for the past couple of weeks. Ryan is a Koenig, and as such, purchases NOTHING without first hunting down the best deals he can find. He found a pretty bike for me in Boulder that was a close-out sale, so he got it for 33% off. It's a great bike, and I was so excited when he brought it home!
To break in my new Piranha (that's the name of the model, and I think it's better than any pet name I could have given it), I took it mountain biking with Ryan, Ben (brother), and Brady (brother-in-law). We went to Coyote Ridge. The climb was pretty hard (I may have walked some/a lot of it), but I loved the challenge. The ride down was really fun!

At first I was really kind of afraid of the prospect of falling and biting the dust - literally - but eventually got a hang of it. Ryan is a great coach; he continuously encouraged me and helped me to believe that I could do it. He was even nice enough to hang back with me. I am so grateful that I married a gutsy, outdoorsy kind of guy. He is teaching me new fun hobbies and will not let me give up!





Here's to a summer full of conquering fears! :)

1 comment:

Jenni Rollins said...

Yay... now if I could only do something like that for Ryan.