Friday, January 21, 2011

Soup!

On Tuesday night I decided to make soup. I very rarely make soup from scratch (or from a can). Not quite sure why; I suppose that soup is just not "amazing" to me in most instances. I usually go for something a little more adventurous and different in my dishes. However, it has been requested of me to cook dinners a little more down-home-on-the-farm. I figured soup was a pretty safe decision.

So I whipped up some Southwest Chicken Corn Chowder that I found in one of my Healthy Cooking magazines. I added a few other spices, but left the salt out so that Ryan and I could both "season to taste". It was a hit! I went ahead and made the entire batch, since soup is such a great leftover once the flavors have melded, and it's so easy to freeze too!

Give this soup a try the next time the weather is chilly. It's delicious!

3 comments:

Holly Meehleis said...

Since we're moving tomorrow and will have our own kitchen, (!!!!) I'm gonna start trying some of the recipes you put on here! =D I'm very excited!

Tabi said...

I think that you should post up a new meal you make and recipe each week! I love trying new things! And you information is so helpful! :)

andrea said...

We LOOOOVED this soup! I added a can of black beans too. yum yum!