Monday, January 17, 2011

I left on a jet plane




During Ryan's hiatus in Neenah, Wisconsin, I hightailed it to Springfield, Illinois, to spend about a week with my sister Crystal and her family. It was a fantastic distraction from Ryan being gone! Only bad part about the trip was that Ryan was bored out his gourd and I was..well...not.

The trip started out with a fun surprise fly-in by my dad to celebrate his 28th anniversary with my mom! She was definitely not expecting it, and it was really fun to have him there for the weekend. In fact, Ryan was only a 6-hour drive away, so he came down to spend the weekend with us too! It was fun to have all three couples and my two nieces together for a couple of days.






Every day was filled with fun activities: going out to lunch and shopping with Crystal, going out to dinner a couple of times, going to see The Tourist, playing games, watching old family-classic movies, going bowling, and going to Chuck E. Cheese!






I brought some exercise videos with me, and Brielle loves to "participate". She hangs in for about 5 minutes and then comes and goes sporadically. I enjoy having her company and hope that she always loves working out!





When it was time to go home, it was sad to say good-bye, but I couldn't wait to see my stud-of-a-man waiting for me when I got off the plane!


Thanks for letting us invade you for a bit Crystal, it was a very fun vacation!

1 comment:

Crystal said...

We absolutely LOVED having you here! Brielle still randomly says "I love Nana and Mimi" out of the blue a few times a day. I'm so glad you could come. It was a wonderful week!