Monday, January 31, 2011

Holy COLD

Last night Ryan and I went to bed rather late for a "school night". He was designing my business card for me (thanks Babe!). After we turned out the lights, it could be seen through the windows that the sky wanted to snow. Yay for snow!! We woke up to pretty little flurries, and I sent Ryan off to work in Boulder with an angel on his shoulder. (His travels were safe today.)

Then I went to school.

If it weren't for this magnificent work of art, I would have froze!


This coat was the most perfect of Christmas presents for a Colorado college student.

It was for days like today and tomorrow that this coat was made. As I walked around campus today, the temperature was a whopping 10 degrees, with a much lower windchill. Tomorrow's high is 2 degrees and all of the public schools are closed. However, the president of CSU is evil and will likely have us all trekking around campus despite the frost bite wielding weather.

But don't worry, Ryan said that I can wear his clava.

3 comments:

Kourtney said...

If it makes you feel any better, I was at CSU in 2003 when we had like 4+ feet of snow and they didn't officially cancel classes until a few days into the blizzard! Of course I didn't go during those few days anyway :) WALK to class in 4 feet of snow?!? No thanks!

Holly Meehleis said...

So THAT'S whata clava is ;)

andrea said...

Dang, I have been so bad at reading your blog. Sorry... But I will be better, because you are hilarious and I love reading everything that is going on in your life!
This morning I went out to take the garbage can to the curb, and I thought, "HOLY CRAP it is cold!" But then I remembered it was below zero in colorado and it made me feel MUCH better :-)