Tuesday, April 3, 2018

March Mayhem

Lots to report for the month of March. It was so fun, as we welcomed Spring and got to spend more time outside enjoying warmer weather.

We had lasagna for dinner and Dallin got to try some. He loved it!


One morning the kids all played hide and seek together. Dallin really got a kick out of the game, and I had fun finding places to hide him.




Tried out some more hairstyles this month! I have a feeling this is going to be a long term trend, as long as the girls will let me (they have been asking to get their hair cut short for summer...we will see what I can emotionally handle).



We went to the park one late afternoon to enjoy the sun. It was a busy outing! We started out with being at the park while I nursed Dallin.


After that we walked along a trail at the park for a while.



We stopped at a field so the girls could kick around a soccer ball for a bit.


We walked back. Brianna's little legs were tired from riding her bike.


Then we played at the park again for a while.





Sunday morning hair. :D



In Relief Society at church we have started sitting in a circle to make it more inviting. Or something. Dallin sometimes ends up in the middle of the circle at the end of class.


We made sock bunnies for our Easter craft this year.



Maya made lunch before school one day. She does so well when she is given responsibilities.


Their hair was the reason I needed her to make lunch that day. It took me a long time! This picture is of Brianna's, and Maya wanted the same thing in her hair. 


After school drop off Dallin and I had lunch with my dad for his birthday. It was very nice to see him and spend time with him! 


Criss-cross French braids. I did this so that they would have wavy hair for church on Sunday, and loved the way it looked as braids, too!



Daddy and Brianna went on a date to the Chocolate Cafe one evening. They got all dressed up and Brianna even got to wear a little make up.


I got out the play tent that was hibernating in our garage for two years. It was a hit for a day or two, but will be coming back down again soon. They don't play in it as much as I thought they would.



Another warm day, so we had a picnic in the park with our friends Camille and Emma.


That same day the girls played in our backyard for a couple of hours. 


Dallin is starting to love books.


We did another sticker chart (they had to be obedient for 7 days) and the girls earned the privilege of playing with all of my old Barbie stuff. They love it!



Our dear friends, the Techeras, came to visit over a weekend. They moved to Grand Junction in February, and we were so glad they came to see us!







Our neighbors across the street have snakes. The girls are braver than I am about touching them!



Ben and his fiancee, Sarah, came to visit for a week. Sarah is great and I'm excited to welcome her to the family! One of the days of their visit was spent at our house hanging out.





Sisterly love. Elsa and Anna have some competition.


She spilled milk (I think that's what it was) on her clothes at breakfast. I threw them in the washer and she was excited to have them come back out.


Bubble braid with a twist!


And 3 mini braids into one braid. 


Palm Sunday hair styles! Easter was on general conference Sunday this year, so we did the dressing up special thing a week early. The girls wore the same dresses as they did last year because they still fit.



Brianna had a cough that day though so we she got to spend second and third hour of church with me. She was so good!!!


My sweet babies after church.


I told Ryan I was about to go crazy after Maya talked to me/asked me questions for two and a half hours straight. He jumped right in and started playing a game with the girls to let me have some time to myself. I love him for taking care of my needs so quickly and willingly!


I am training Dallin to be okay with taking a bottle. It only took a couple of days, and now he willingly takes one and drinks it all. 


Maya has been taking reading lessons since the beginning of January. She read this whole book by herself one morning!


Pull through braid - one of my favorite looks.



That pointing finger is just too cute!!!


Loving the books.


Conference and coloring time! 


We finished March with a bang by going to Disney On Ice: Frozen with my dad. It was such a fun family event!







No comments: