Monday, April 30, 2018

April!

What a month we had! Lots of fun days, and visitors too!

We started the month off with a pile of pillows on a baby. He enjoyed that.


We have a crayon thing that is for playing with in the bathtub. I kind of hate it, but I bought it, so I have to deal with it sometimes. Maya asked to use it and then Brianna drew all over Maya's face! They were both absolutely cracking up. She didn't think it was quite so funny when I couldn't get it all off. "My friends at school will laugh at me!" Sweet thing.


Dallin was having a couple of rough days in the car, but if I reached back and held his hand he wouldn't cry. It was the sweetest thing! It did make driving kind of difficult because it changed my point of view from the left to the middle, and it made it oddly harder to really know where the car was in the lanes. 


Brown Bear, Brown Bear is one of Dallin's favorite books.


I did hair a few times! 



We went to visit the Browning family the second weekend in April. On the way there Dallin was having a good time talking to his bottle before he drank it.


The day we got there we went to Steak 'n Shake for dinner. After dinner we went home and put the kids to bed, and then the adults stayed up way late playing a board game. I love that we all love playing games!


Dallin woke up at 6 AM that morning. It would have been fine any other day, especially since he slept all night, but after being awake until 1 AM I wasn't super thrilled. He and I had about 90 minutes together before anybody else woke up. Needless to say, I took a nap at the same time he went down for his morning nap. After that I was bright eyed and bushy tailed.


Baby cousin time!


After lunch and afternoon naps we went to a fun park. It was pretty chilly so we didn't stay super long, but it was nice to get the kids out to burn off some energy. We drove back home that evening when it was time for kids to go to bed. It was a great couple of days!


After church one day I got this cute picture. Sad that Brianna is crying, but I still love it.


More hair dos!



I went to Costco. I bought some strawberries. This mutant was among them. Truly a Costco strawberry!


The weather has this really fun tradition of blowing ridiculous amounts of air around on the days we have trash and/or recycle pick-up. The way our house is positioned, it creates a catch-all for papers and other trash. This day was particularly bad because some lovely neighbor didn't bag their trash (all this paper happened on only a trash day - they didn't even recycle all of this). The girls were a great help and went outside and gathered it all. There was a lot all over our yard. 



One night at dinner Maya was complaining about it hurting to chew on one side of her mouth. I looked inside and whoa! A little volcano of gum was about to erupt a new molar! She's pretty proud that she's already getting her 6-year molars.


Haaaair.


Maya had western day at school and made a pretty cute cowgirl!



The day after Ryan got back from China we had some last minute guests. The Techeras were in Boulder for an event at CU and asked to stay with us Saturday night before driving home on Sunday. We were so happy to get to see them again so soon!


Maya is learning to ride her two-wheeler. It's been a process. She's a little scared, but she's improving.


Mary walking with the sweet babes on a beautiful day!



Brianna had a good time with Ulises. He's great with the kids!


Goofball games before they drove home Sunday night! They were able to stay with us until about 8/8:30 PM. I was glad they could stay all day before heading back to Grand Junction.


A couple more hairstyles for this month.



We had a visit from our friends Chris and Katrina Johnson. They brought their baby, Randall! He is the same age as Dallin but WAY bigger.



When the Techeras came they brought us these lovely tulips. They are supposed to live for several weeks because they're still on the bulbs. I think I may try to plant them outside once they die so we can have tulips next year! And the next! And the next!


The girls' school is having an art show this week. Each kid painted a water color picture and had their portrait taken. These creations are FOR SALE at their school. For $25!!! Like, what?!?! Just give me my child's art! I took a picture of their artistry for us. Because I'm sorry, but $25. I'll have them recreate it at home.



Grandpa Kent came to visit! We love having him here. 


Maya had a flower sale for bees. I'm not sure how much cash she brought in, but the effort was A+.


Ryan built us a planter box! The garden will be planted in a couple of weeks. Broccoli, carrots, tomatoes, peppers, and green beans. I'm so excited and I hope it is successful!


The girls spent a couple of hours playing outside in their playhouse. I love how close they are.



That was our April! So much fun! Tomorrow...it's gonna be May!

No comments: