Thursday, April 12, 2018

Dallin - 9 months old!

Aww little Dallin. How are you already 9 months old? I both love and hate how fast the first year goes by.

Dallin weighs 16 lb 6 oz (5%), is 28 inches long (32%), and his head circumference is 46 cm (78%). I have been instructed to not feed him pureed baby food anymore because it doesn't have enough calories or variety (and it's turning his nose and cheeks orange!). He will love that! He is always way more interested in the food we are eating at dinner than what I'm trying to feed him. He is a little behind on his gross motor development, so we will be making him work harder for what he wants, i.e. putting things out of his reach so he has to move to get them.

Dallin now has 6 teeth, and due to his shirt being wet from drool all the time, I'd say another tooth is not too far off. He loves to go outside and squeals every time we open the door. He also loves watching the cars drive on the road behind our house.


He is starting to be a little clingy to me. He is okay without me if he can't see me, but the moment he hears me or sees me or heck, even smells me, I am all he wants. He also has a great love for his daddy, and loves to give him hugs when he gets home from work. 


He can now clap and throws his hands up in the air to exclaim, "yay!" (or "So big!"). He is starting to lean forward to try to get somewhere, especially to me. It's only a matter of time before he figures out that his knees can hold his weight.


He has started waving hello! He most often does it when he's in his highchair. He likes to dance and bob to music.

He is no longer afraid of lights, thank goodness. I'm glad that one didn't last too long - he would have gotten teased mercilessly. 


His night time sleeping is still a bit all over the place, but we are getting there. 50% of the time he goes all night without eating, especially if Ryan is the one who goes in to get him to go back to sleep. I'm hopeful we can finally reach the milestone of sleeping through the night consistently by the time he is 10 months old, especially since we are going to try to up his calorie intake during the day with table foods.


When I present him with a piece of food to eat, he talks to it a little, blinks really hard, and squishes up his face before he gingerly takes it from me. He is such a fun little boy! 

1 comment:

Mom said...

Oh sweet precious Dallin! You truly are growing up so fast! Love your sweet smiles and cuddles--especially when you cuddle with your Mommy when I talk to you! Love him!!!