Tuesday, March 13, 2018

February Fun

February was a fun and short (go figure) month. 

One day we had a screen-fast because Brianna would not stop asking to play on my phone. We put the screens away and had a play date with friends, baked, made applesauce, the girls played in the snow outside, and we just plain messed around. It was nice to take a break.



Dallin is really enjoying playing with his toys! This piano is one of his favorites.


I made lasagna in my instant pot. It turned out really yummy!


I also made a Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake in my instant pot. Quite delicious!


On Super Bowl Sunday we had a small gathering of a couple of families. This was part of the food spread.


Maya's drawing is really improving!


I did their hair. Because it's fun!




Brianna had her Mom's Tea at school. She's the one looking straight at the camera. She was so cute up there singing her songs! 


And then I made blueberry jam in my instant pot!


Maya also had her Mom's Tea at school. Her cute face is smack dab in the center of this photo. 


More hair. We have 9 AM church now and Ryan often says to me, "Do you really have time to do their hair?" Yes, I do! Priorities. I can eat my cereal in the car.




Sweet sleeping boy on his daddy. <3


I was trying to work (or something) and had set Dallin down on the floor next to me. He of course fell over and hit his head on the leg of the chair. He was super duper sad! 


These girls love books!


We went on our first family bike ride around the neighborhood! I am excited to do more as the weather gets warmer.



Ryan and I went out to dinner with some friends and Dallin tagged along. He still won't take a bottle (I admittedly have stopped trying). We let him suck on a lime. 



It took him a few tries to react but we finally got the face we were hoping for!


I turned 33! To celebrate, we went out to sushi with my parents and Holly and Garrett. Maya and Brianna both tried chopsticks for the first time. Dallin screeched and screamed the whole time, which was lovely of course.



I had a delicious White Chocolate Raspberry cake from Nothing Bundt Cakes.


More fun hair!








A Wal-Mart in town has these carts that is basically like pushing a trailer but the kids love it. It actually isn't too hard to steer - way easier than the car shaped carts in my opinion. They're just...really long! 


There was a company dinner in Boulder that Dallin and I attended. It's so fun to see the people I work with in person! 


My co-worker Amanda's daughter (she is being held by Anna) is 5 months younger than Dallin and is about the same size as him! Of our LILLEbaby team, I make the small babies, so far anyway. The three other ladies who had babies the same year had a 11 lb 4 oz girl, 9 lb girl, and a 10 lb girl!!


I told Brianna to take a picture of Dallin riding on Maya. She did her best.


Brianna has wanted to help me cook almost every meal lately. It's not as easy or fast to get stuff done when she's helping, but I hope she feels like she's welcome in the kitchen when I'm preparing meals or snacks. 


2 comments:

Dad said...

Wow - what a wonderful month!! Happy #33!!

Holly Meehleis said...

I love the updates for February! So great! Also, Brianna's picture of you guys from all the way across the room made me smile =)