Friday, October 26, 2012

Only 7 more weeks!!


I cannot believe how quickly this pregnancy is going by. This picture shows me at 32 weeks. Not exactly a profile-shot, but you get the idea.

My doctor tells me everything is measuring well, which makes me SO happy! I'm thrilled to know that she is continuing to grow at the right pace, even if my belly does seem small (or so I'm told - it doesn't seem so small to me).

In 7 weeks or less (hopefully) we will get to meet our little girl! I am anxious to see her face and hold her in my arms.

Some fun "side effects" of pregnancy:

  • putting on socks is like an Olympic sport
  • walking up the stairs can be exhausting!
  • awesome hair. Seriously. I have never been this consistently happy with my locks before, and I am not looking forward to the dreaded hair loss after she's born
  • thick fingernails
  • hobbit feet every now and then, minus the hair
  • good posture! Otherwise there is a tiny person getting smooshed up into my ribs
  • acid reflux. I'm so glad that Tums are yummy
  • the feeling of a worm baby growing and moving inside of me. I actually really love this, it's just super bizarre sometimes

All in all I would say that I have been blessed this entire pregnancy. I'm still not incredibly uncomfortable. When I do find myself feeling less than 100%, I try not to complain about it too much because I know that the pain is going to peak at a much much higher point. I'm trying to keep a good perspective!

Now that her arrival is quickly approaching, I hope to get the nursery finished within the next 4 weeks. 

As Willy Wonka so eloquently put: "So much time, so little to do! Wait, strike that. Reverse it."

1 comment:

THE WILLIAMS FAMILY said...

Oh mercy... you look GORGEOUS Chantal!!! I am so excited for your new arrival... what a lucky little girl, to have such amazing parents.

Per your comment about Sixtus E. Johnson... I love family history, and the beautiful connections and confirmations it brings to our lives. Thanks for letting me know sweetie... take special care, and keep us informed about your wee-one.