Thursday, March 29, 2012

It's In The Past

I was going through old photos and really enjoyed the memories they hold. I thought I would share some of my favorites with you.

This is me and my niece, Brielle. I was visiting to attend to her when my older sister had her second daughter.

This is the first time that the sisters met. Brielle was so excited. "A baby!!"

Holding baby Aislynn
I went back to visit a few months later with my dad and sister. This is my dad taking Aislynn for an adventure. 

Brielle and me peering out at a lake.
At Multnomah Falls in Portland, Oregon, a few weeks before we got engaged. Our first vacation together.

The bottom of the falls. The freaky hand at the bottom of this photo makes me laugh!
Japanese Gardens in Portland, Oregon. Beautiful plants.

I think I will tell Ryan that this is how I would like our backyard to be landscaped.
Ryan being silly with a saw going through his head at a "fair" in Portland.
Brielle gaining a new talent. Not many people can play a piano with his/her toes.

Holly and Garrett's wedding reception. It was beautiful, and it was fun to help decorate for it.
I caught the bouquet at Holly's wedding. Ryan proposed 12 days later.

At first I thought he was cleaning the fan, but he's actually getting a balloon down.

Aislynn and myself when they came to visit for Holly's wedding
The first time that we went rock climbing together. Ryan had suggested that I buy some rock climbing shoes, which I did, but I was a little irritated that he was implying a long future with me - he knew I didn't like that for fear of expectation. Little did I know that he already had a diamond ring for me!
This was the evening that Ryan proposed. We were at a stop on Trail Ridge Road.

The first time that we went mountain biking. This was before the "hard" part when I got kind of whiny. I wish I could have a redo of that experience.

That sign says, "Happy 50th Anniversary Papa and Sessie!"

We bought a hammock to use in our engagement photos. It is really comfortable!

Ryan set up a slack-lining rope. Not an easy activity!

We went paint balling and this was my worst bruise. Kind of looks like the inside of a huge jaw breaker. In certain light I can still see it.

We took kayaking lessons! It was really fun, but unfortunately I got a little freaked when I couldn't get to Ryan very quickly to rescue him when he flipped over - don't worry, he was never in ANY danger. Another experience that could use a redo... This was the weekend after we went paint balling and my bruises were still out of control. If you look closely you can see a big one on my bicep. Several of the other people at the lesson asked me if I had lime disease. 

4 comments:

Crystal said...

Those are great pictures! What fun memories!

Jenni Rollins said...

You make me want to do more outdoorsy stuff! I need to convince my husband of that, too =)

Holly Meehleis said...

It's fun to look back at old pictures...thanks for sharing! I still absolutely love that you caught the bouquet--it was perfect!!

Mom said...

Wow that was fun. thanks for the stroll down memory lane!