Friday, March 2, 2012

Chicken Pot Pie

My mom got me a new cookbook for my birthday. Yay!

I spent some time going through it and bookmarked several recipes to try. Last night I gave the first one a try: Chicken Pot Pie. I was excited about it because it even has freezing instructions, so it was a perfect candidate for my Dinners Made Ready menu - assuming it was yummy.

It took a bit of time (about 2 hours from start to dinner table). I was so super proud of myself that I got the pie crust rolled out as beautifully as Ryan does. Kind of the highlight of my day!


I didn't get any pictures of it once it was sliced, but the inside was perfectly creamy. Not overflowingly creamy, but not too dry either.

And it was delicious - Ryan really liked it. (Even if when he got home he got really excited to see a pie sitting on the island, and then was slightly disappointed when he realized it wasn't for dessert! :)


Looks like I have a new item on my Dinners Made Ready menu!

1 comment:

Mom said...

That pie looks gorgeous! Awesome that it works for Dinners Made Ready as well!