Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Deja Vu Date

On Saturday night we did a repeat date with David and Ashley. We went to dinner and then ice skating on Evergreen Lake, almost exactly two years after we did it the first time.

We met up and had dinner at a little joint called One World Cafe. It had the ambiance of a "college student" restaurant; the joint was pretty quaint, and the food was yummy.

picture courtesy of the Internet

After dinner we drove to Evergreen Lake. We purchased our skates and headed on out to the ice! I don't ice skate much ...at all... and never really roller bladed or roller skated before either, so it is always a little bit of a learning experience each time I get on the ice with 1/4 inch blades on. Ryan told me to be brave and have fun, so I did.

We enjoyed skating around the lake while having conversations. We decided to go back in when our legs were freezing, and besides, the lake was "closed" by that point.



Ryan's got some skills


 
David and Ashley



It was a fun evening, and I think I will count it as a late Valentine's Day date. :)

1 comment:

Dad said...

SO, does the "Ryan's got some skills" caption belong with the pic above the caption or below?!? I'm thinkin' maybe the one below... ;)

Glad you all had a fun time!!
Love you!!