Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Sniffaluffagus

A couple of weeks ago I had my first experience as a personal chef. It was really quite fun! The client I was cooking for has 2 cats. I am allergic to cats, so this quickly led to my sneezing and blowing my nose and washing my hands every ten minutes. It was just glorious.

However, after I left her house it only got worse. For the following 4 days I had a bad cold that somehow spawned from my allergic reaction to cats.

Because Ryan loves me and might have kissed me once or twice while I was sick, he didn't feel at his best during the next week, and a cold hit him pretty hard last Friday evening and he was out of commission until Monday afternoon. And then, because I love Ryan and had kissed him once or maybe twice while he was sick, I woke up on Monday with a sniffly nose. By Monday night I was 100% congested, and now I look like Rudolph from blowing my nose so much.

Last night before bed I took NyQuil - the liquid kind. And then brushed my teeth. Twice. Because that stuff tastes horrible to the extreme. But did you know that on the "be aware" list on the back of the bottle it says that "excitability may occur"? And very next on the list: "marked drowsiness may occur". Well, come on folks, it has to be one or the other. Needless to say, my brain became excited from the medicine I took to help me sleep. I seem to recall that the same thing happened the last time I took NyQuil.

So I lay in bed last night listening to silence coming from my NOT snoring husband (for once). What luck.

That being said, I am grateful that Ryan was finally able to get a good night's sleep. He needed it. Here's to a speedy recovery!

3 comments:

Crystal said...

Oh no! I'm sorry the NyQuil didn't work for you... that stuff is my miracle-worker when I have a cold! I hope you find something that works! If you end up with gunk in your chest that is hard to get out, I recommend Robitussen (with the pink label)! Feel better soon, sister.

Dad said...

Hope you are doing better!! Love you!

Holly Meehleis said...

I'm sorry you were sick =( Hopefully, since it's been a week, you're all better now!! When's the next time you're gonna be up here? We need to get together again soon!