Thursday, December 29, 2011

The minutes, the hours, the days...

It is so amazing to me how quickly each year goes by. Even high school, nearly ten years ago, seems like just yesterday. This past year was full of events and memories that are unforgettable. There have been happy and sad times, and everything else in between. I find myself anxious for the coming year, to improve myself as a wife, perhaps as a mother, and as a daughter of God.

This past December was quite eventful. It was our first full month in our new home, and we had our first snow here. It was beautiful, AND we got to shovel a driveway. Which is, of course, just awesome.



Actually, I really like shoveling. Even though it took us a full hour to do it together, it's fun to be working at a task that shows immediate results, and then have delicious hot chocolate. Plus, it was enough snow to keep Ryan working at home, which was even more awesome!



My sister and her family came to Colorado to visit! It was so great to see them.  Her daughters have hilarious personalities. I can only hope that my future kids are as fun as hers!





It was Christmas!!

We made kaesespaetzle for Christmas Eve dinner. It is a German dish of homemade noodles and cheese. Does it get much better? I am aiming for that to become a new tradition of ours...



I am definitely starting to learn that Ryan is a stinker spoiler. I got him Rummikub (a fun tile game) and a few other whatsits. He got me a heavenly food processor. Who do you think exceeded our "price limit"? I must say, however, that I do not mind being spoiled. 



I have already put that puppy to good use: it helped
to make some amazing pie crust for Christmas dessert.



We made wassail again this year. I love that new tradition. The smell in the house and the taste in my mouth are both to die for.




I "started" my career as a personal chef. Right now I have a guinea pig client - my dentist's wife. The first time I went there was very quite fun. I think that I will greatly enjoy this new job, assuming that it takes off the way that I want it to. I have spoken with somebody who is going to allow me to advertise on her website (she provides nannies, and it seems like a pretty good fit for families who might also need somebody to cook for them), and am in the process of getting a business license.
I just need a catchy name...

I hope that you all had a great Christmas and New Years, and here's to a great 2012! (I, for one, am excited to see the hoopla that ensues on December 21st.)


1 comment:

Holly Meehleis said...

2011 was a great year, and you've got a ton to look forward to in the coming year!! Keep me posted on that business venture of yours. How exciting!