Monday, January 30, 2012

Oh, that sounds good

It has been a day full of goodness.

Good sales.
Good music.
Good smells.
Good pictures.
Good food.
Good use of time.

Today I practiced being a personal chef, for none others than myself and Ryan! It was so much fun!

I spent a little over an hour at the grocery store this morning getting ready for the day of cooking. They were having great sales, and this made me quite happy as I was purchasing food for eight meals. Except for the Cracker Barrel cheese. That stuff sells for $41 for less than a pound! I did not buy that.

When I got home, I blasted my Bruno Mars station on Pandora and got to work. I made four meals for us - the other four are for a taste testing I'm going to do next week with ladies from my church. I danced and sang and thoroughly enjoyed the background music.

The house quickly filled up with amazing smells. My favorite came from a recipe called Tuscan Pepper Soup (not only did it smell good, it was also a pretty awesome shade of yellow/orange).

I have been trying to learn how to take good pictures of food. Ryan suggested that I move up a little table we had in the basement to serve as a prop. I bought a few other things to add color and fun. Here's a couple that I took:







Might not exude professionalism (I only have a point-and-shoot after all), but I was excited that I captured the steam coming off of the pork chops.

I decided to have Mondays (for now) be a cooking day for us, because I am hoping that other days during the week I am busy cooking for other people. If that happens, I doubt I will have a huge yearning to come home and cook even more. In fact, this week I have booked three families! I will get a lot of practice and training this week, and I am so happy that I am getting some interest for my services. 

Wish me luck, I am hoping that everything goes smoothly!


3 comments:

Tiffany Rebecca said...

Yay!! So exciting! Wish we lived closer :)

Mom said...

We've sure loved the batch of dinners you did for us so far! I'd say your business is off to a great start!

Holly Meehleis said...

Awesome! I can't wait to hear more about it!