Wednesday, October 26, 2011

S-N-O-W!!!

We have been hearing **Winter Storm Warning** on television... the radio... the internet.
Ever-ry-where.

Some might be upset by this news. End to WARM weather, less than awesome roads to drive on, etc, etc.

Me? The excitement was hardly contained. Ryan came home from work last night and suggested I make/warm up Tortilla Soup while he constructed a nice toasty fire. I squealed with such delight that my dear husband looked at me like a crazy person. But I kind of really love fires (the pops, the smell, the warmth!), and the tortilla soup from my work is pretty stellar. So it was win-win... can you blame me for the excitedness?

Then my mom called me at 8 PMish to tell me it was snowing. It wasn't here yet, but I knew it would be soon!!

When we went to bed it was little flurries of snow. In the night I got up to get a drink, and the sky was orange. I love how the lights reflect on a winter night sky. Then this morning I looked out the window... and this is what I beheld:



B-E-A-utiful! It was really heavy, wet snow. Our parking lot was covered in branches. Kind of sad, but hey, that's nature. And lucky for us, we had scheduled the walkthrough at our new house for today weeks ago. So we got to drive in the snow! What a thrill.

By the way, our house looks amazing. I did not take any pictures because...um. I don't know why. But I didn't. Perhaps I will post some when we go back next week to close.

P.S. My nose is super congested and I suppose it is making me think a little bit goofy. Hope you enjoyed it.

3 comments:

Jenni Rollins said...

I'm the same way about snow, fires, nice warm food, and winter. =) =) Glad I'm not alone.

Dad Duggins said...

Driving to work this morning I saw a line of young pine trees draped in snow. It looked like a postcard scene. The beauties of nature are astounding. The power of nature is also astounding...

A warm, cozy fire is always wonderful...

James and Laura Neibaur said...

You're not alone, I love it too! We got our fireplace going and ate popcorn and watched movies. It was so cozy and fun. I can't wait for you to get into your new cozy house and do the same thing!