Monday, October 10, 2011

Feeling A Little Crafty

Holly and I hadn't seen each other in a few weeks, which was unacceptable since we live in the same town. Time really gets away from me sometimes. Anyway, I suggested to her that we get together and do something crafty since we are both wives now, and I am desperately trying to find the craftiness in me.

So we went to Hobby Lobby and picked out some cute stuff to make shadow box things with scrapbooking paper and other fun treats. We got our inspiration from our friend Whitney's blog. Check it out!

I wanted to do something Halloween themed, and Holly went for a more generic Fall theme.

Here is what I started with:


And with the different papers cut and put it in the holes (this board was called a scrapbooking frame I think):


My finished product:


Holly's finished product:


Are they not so cute and fun?? We bought stands to put them on so that they would be leaning back a little. This allows us to leave the papers unglued from the back of the board so we can make new ones for each season or holiday. I can't wait to make a Christmas one!

4 comments:

Jenni Rollins said...

So fun and so cute! How much did you spend on them?

Chantal said...

Thanks! They were about $22.

Mom said...

Those are about the cutest things I've ever seen! Good job, my creative and "crafty" girls!!

Holly Meehleis said...

Thanks, mom! Chantal, if you want to make a Thanksgiving one, I have some good left over paper and stickers you can use to get you started =) I definitely want to make a Christmas one, Valentine's Day, Easter, and 4th of July! Next year I'll probably break down and make a Halloween-themed one, too ;)