Wednesday, May 4, 2011

I like the white grape variety

I am currently taking a break from writing a paper that is due tomorrow and I am getting tired of feeling like I am making stuff up. So I hope to get the writing juices flowing a little bit better by expressing unimportant, not-being-graded thoughts.

Yesterday I went for a run and it was fabulous. I love running outside as the weather starts to get nicer. I love Jillian Michaels too, but it is likely that I will never do her workouts outside.

I bought produce from Sunflower Market today. There is something very wifey and grown-up about placing tomatoes, bananas, apples, and avocados in my fruit baskets. Perhaps it has something to do with the fact that I almost literally never ever bought produce when I was single because it went bad before I ate it.

I skipped my last class today because I do not feel it is necessary to walk 2-miles round trip in the stupid wind. Nothing is worth that, and should be avoided at all costs. So I came home to work on my paper...

There are some things in this world that inexplicably bother me: an unmade bed, people "loving each other" or ranting about some ill-fated relationship on Facebook (of which I have been guilty, but that was some time ago and I have since realized that not everybody needs to hear the nitty gritty of somebody's life, no matter how good or bad), food spoiling, being cold, waiting for the next best thing to happen, the wind...

Ryan really wants to have a dog, but I am afraid that I will not give it the love it needs because I don't like touching animals due to my allergies.

I miss getting to watch The Food Network.

What am I going to do this summer if I don't get a job? Today I received my first rejection email. They obviously have not met me and are simply judging me by a piece of a paper that says "resume". Honestly, I feel unqualified for the jobs I'm "supposed" to be able to get after having graduated with a degree in Restaurant and Resort Management. And I am. Most jobs require years of experience in a full-service restaurant or what-have-you as a manager. I do not have this. I am dreading having to start at the bottom of the chain.

Juices are flowin', I should probably get back to that graded stuff.


1 comment:

Mom said...

I liked all the random thoughts--now I feel all caught up with you! And way to get back on the "writing track"! Also, lots of those things bug me too-- Although the wind is no longer an issue.