Thursday, December 30, 2010

December in a flash

This month has gone by fairly quickly - probably because of all of the busy-ness we have had recently! Actually, I guess it's mostly been the last 2 weeks that things have gotten somewhat crazy, even though school is out.

Ryan and I FINALLY had time to decorate our gingerbread house! He was such a sport helping me out with it, and even allowed his all-things-must-be-perfect attitude (it's a blessing...really!! That's why he married me, obviously) to help us build it. I thought it turned out beautifully.
















Christmas was just 2 days after that. Ryan and I spent the first part of the morning at our own home. It was really great, and even though it was just the two of us, I think we both had a nice morning. Then we headed on over to my parents' home, where we made Ryan's delicious wassail and opened presents. Funny story: my parents both wrapped presents that looked identical to each other. Upon opening them, it was discovered that the contents were also identical! Kind of bizarre! After presents I made some Peach Blackberry Pie and rolls for dinner (my parents whipped up the rest, and it was tasty!) and then we all relaxed except for Ryan, who assembled our new TV stand. After dinner the family (including Holly and Garrett) went to see Tron.








I told Ryan to make a cute/goofy face.

check out my awesome Lord of the Rings special effect with my dad and Ben!



On December 28, Ryan and I were privileged to spend the day with some close friends, Travis and Tiffany Whitsitt, as they were sealed and then at their reception in Fort Collins. It was a wonderful day. We are so happy for them, and wish them all the best! Tiffany, Holly, and myself were all married this year, so we took a cute picture with us showing off our rings!









As Ryan and I were driving home from the reception, I got a phone call from Holly. Her car battery was dead! Ryan and I went to pick her up and then headed to Wal-mart to get some jumper cables. It was kind of "fun" to be there in a tux and fancy dress. :) Added some excitement to the end of the night, and we were grateful that we were able to help Holly out!








Special surprise this morning: Snow!! It has been snowing ALL DAY and is supposed to keep it up well into the evening. I am one happy girl as I sit on our window seat writing this blog entry. :D

1 comment:

Holly Meehleis said...

I couldn't be more grateful for your guys' help!! I officially have my own set of jumper cables now haha =)