Wednesday, November 10, 2010

'Tis the Season

It's coming to the end of the semester. Ryan and I are becoming accustomed to spending our evenings engaged in a rigorous bout of homework. Last night Ryan had a schoolmate (too 1940's?) over to do homework. I was honored to supply them with dinner and snacks. Chicken fajitas and pumpkin scones! And then I hopped on to Yahoo!Games and challenged my mind with a hidden object game. Those things are addicting, I tell you! All in all, I think the three of us had a very productive evening.

Tonight is Take 2 of Homework Party Central. Although tonight we changed it up a bit. After dinner, Ryan threw some peanut butter chocolate chunk cookies into the oven, I steeped some tea (peppermint for him, bengal spice for me), and then Ryan built a beautiful fire to keep us snuggly warm on this cold night! We have filled our tummies with warming goodness but are still wracking our brains for homework and test answers and working on a paper.

Break time is over - back to the books!

1 comment:

Mom said...

oooh, I love this time of year when the furnace starts coming on and the fireplace is going and everything feels so safe and cozy! Hang in there with the homework and papers and tests--you're on the homestretch!!