Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Sometimes there are more important things to do

School takes up a lot of time. So much time, in fact, that getting some much needed husband & wife time often gets placed on the back burner. Not because we want it that way - there are just certain things we both need to focus on right now (i.e. ensuring graduation in a timely manner). But this past weekend, we ignored all the stuff that NEEDED to get done and instead focused on some things we WANTED to do.

Ryan and I met up with Holly and Garrett at my parentals' home on Friday after school. We were going to go on a triple date to the Denver LDS Temple. I love going to the temple, and was excited to get to go with family this time!


After the session we headed to Marie Callendar's for dinner. Wow - gargantuan cornbread. The entrée portions alone could feed two lumberjacks, so I was sure to watch my consumption to make room for some delicious strawberry rhubarb pie for dessert! (I gotta splurge sometimes! ...right??)


When I got home from work Saturday afternoon, Ryan and I decided that we needed a date night. So after a rigorous work out to make up for the previous night's splurging, we headed out! After making a quick stop at REI to check out winter coats, we went to see the movie Morning Glory. Oh my cute! It was quite funny and a good story.


After the movie we ran to Sonic to get some dinner, and then, because our movie quota has not been reached for months now, we went back to the theater and saw Unstoppable. Oh my stressful! It was a great movie, but is not for the faint of heart! All in all, the night was fantastic.



On Sunday evening Ryan and I went to my parents' house for the second time that weekend to whip up batches of pumpkin pancakes and eggnog pancakes for dinner. Holly and Garrett came over again, too! It was really great to see everybody again so soon. Another fantastic evening with great company.


I will probably reminisce about this weekend for the next few weeks, as finals get closer and time for fun diminishes. Thank goodness for Thanksgiving break next week!

2 comments:

Mom said...

That was an awesome weekend for us too! Loved every minute we got to spend with you guys--and thanks for the fabulous meal!!

Dad Duggins said...

When Chantal says they "ran to Sonic for dinner", I think you can take that phrase literally. That way, they burned off the calories before injesting them again at Sonic. Always trying to stay ahead of the game!!