Monday, November 1, 2010

Halloween Night 2010

I am married now. Do you know what that means? No more YSA Halloween parties at church. At least not "legally". And for whatever other reason we didn't get invited to any other Halloween parties. It probably has something to do with the fact that we both found our love penguin and therefore lost all contact with the outside world and now have no friends that are used to hanging out with us on a regular basis.

That being said, we decided to have our own "party"! Guests? The fabulous Duggins clan + 2 Meehleises. The festivities began with dinner. I made spaghetti with orange pepper pumpkins (they had worms for brains!) and Holly and Garrett brought some garlic bread that fills your mouth with goodness.
After dinner we watched Jack O' Lantern, an old Duggins tradition! It's about a million years old, and memories came flooding back while we watched it.

Afterwards, my mom served the dessert she brought: Blueberry Yum-Yum. A childhood favorite of my dad's, and it was yum-yum (ha...)! Then we set up the glorious game of Atmosfear, another tradition of us Duggins children. This game is a "scary" game with a VHS (yes, I know) that goes along with it. It was a close game, but Ryan and I won!

After the game we all chatted for a bit and then it was time for bed. It was so much fun, and I'm so glad that Ryan and I were able to host this get-together. I think one of my most favorite parts was getting to share some of my Halloween traditions with Ryan, and I hope that they will be ones we can continue in our own family along with new ones (like Pumpkin Pancakes for lunch on Halloween! Ask Ryan about them if you get the chance, he is quite proud of his chef skills).

Happy Halloween!

2 comments:

Mom said...

I loved seeing the pics from that special night--we had so much fun! It was a very Happy Halloween!

Dad Duggins said...

Thanks for inviting us to your "party". It was a wonderful evening!