Wednesday, October 6, 2010

There are simple ways to have your cake and eat it too

I know I just did a post of this same-ness last night. But this recipe is, in my opinion, the most delicious thing that I have used to add to marital bliss, thus far. Seriously gold star here. I made this about a month ago, and will definitely be making it again!

It's called Broccoli Shrimp Alfredo. I don't care if you don't like shrimp (but if you MUST use chicken then I suppose that's all right), I am highly highly recommending that you try this recipe.

Now, I am a health guru (to a point) and Alfredo is something I almost certainly would never order in a restaurant because it would go straight to my hips - no lie. But with a few tricks up my sleeve, I conquered this recipe AND probably cut the calories significantly. I used fat free milk and cream cheese, and reduced-fat Parmesan cheese. Because I love my husband and I'm somewhat okay with having a little bit of hippage, I used real butter (typing that just now made me cringe!). Tangent: I think I made up for that by using my Promise butter - 45 calories per tablespoon - when I made banana bread earlier this week. 'Twas just as delicious, I'll have you know! I also added mushrooms. To the Alfredo, not the banana bread. Actually, I don't think I did. But I should have.

http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/Broccoli-Shrimp-Alfredo

1 comment:

Holly Meehleis said...

You are so funny, sister! I like reading your posts =)