Saturday, October 16, 2010

Just In Case You Were Wondering...

This is what we have been up to in the 2 months since our day of matrimony....

Studying
- School is so much fun!! (Read: sarcasm at its best.) Ryan is in his LAST SEMESTER and those teachers don't want to let him go! I know he's learning things because I helped him type up some stuff last night, and he understood what was Greek to me. Good for him, and I'm glad I don't have to understand how those crazy things known as "electronics" work - I just get to play with them!


I'm learning things too. Did you know that there is only supposed to be one space after a "." at the end of a sentence these days? Gosh, I sure didn't. Apparently I've been typing papers entirely unprofessionally for years. How embarrassing. As you can tell, my classes are also equally difficult.


Redecorating the Bach Pad - Some of this occurred before we got married (repainting the banister is the one that took the longest), but the decorations and final touches happened once there was a wife. Those of you who had the privilege of visiting our home while it was still a Bach Pad will get the most out of this.

The smiling white pillow is a Halloween decoration - it's not usually there!



Buying Dishes with My Name on them - I have been collecting Chantal dishes for a few years now, so I was quite excited when my grandma got me a gift certificate to The Cupboard here in town AND they were having a sale.

Experimenting with Meals - Since I went to culinary art school I can cook, right? Sure, if there's a recipe in front of my face. I have been trying to make things on my own every once in a while, usually when I know that Ryan is in a particularly good mood that day, just in case things turn sour (literally). My recent creation was lasagna, which is saying something because I have a fear of trying to bake something in the oven without a recipe. I had cottage cheese in the fridge that was on the brink of death, so I decided to help it fulfill its potential before it was too late. I thought I did a very spectacular job, if I do say so myself. Ryan even took seconds!


Discovering Food Allergies - I love milk. I grew up drinking it all the time with my dinners and cereal has been a huge staple of mine only for forever. Alas, my body is no longer a fan of it. Ryan was kind enough to inform me of this horrible diagnosis, and I must admit I was in serious denial for some time. But now it's time to graduate to soy milk. I like it in my cereal, and have even used it when baking breads. Thanks to soy milk and lactose dietary aid, no more tummy aches for me!

Learning to Long board - This is an accomplishment. I "learned" how to long board a while ago, but did not succeed in getting over my fear of falling on my bum. Because I did. And it hurt. Ryan helped me to realize something about myself yet again: I hate being out of control, whether it pertains to my daily routine or having my feet on sturdy ground. I guess I need to relax a bit and not be so "uptight". So I did. I long-boarded. For like 10 minutes, while holding on to Ryan the whole time. But I did it.

P.S. I am well on my way to breaking the habit of two spaces after a period!

3 comments:

andrea said...

I don't even know where to start- I LOVE that picture of ryan, can you frame it for me? I also LOVE your house! You should come help me decorate mine. And, I LOVE your dishes! I've been really wanting some nice serving dishes lately. I really like your cute colorful ones!
You are not the first one I've heard of developing a lactose intolerance. Guess that means you're getting old!

Anonymous said...

Your place looks really nice, where do you live?

Chantal said...

Audrina - we live in a townhome that Ryan's dad has owned for years. It'll be home until at least the end of next summer, and we really like it!