Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Because One Thing People Will Always Do Is Eat

I am a chef. Although unrenowned to the world - except of course for Ryan and other family members - I am going to toot my own little horn here and say that I can hold my own. A dear pasttime of mine is reading cookbooks. Like a novel. I love it. I have a plethora of cookbooks and magazines to keep me entertained on less exciting evenings. In fact, I have almost run out of space for them all in our humble abode, and have been challenged to prepare everything in them all before I add a single more recipe to my collection (unbeknownst to Ryan, I printed a new recipe today - but don't worry, I'm making it tomorrow).


Since I will be making lots of new things on a fairly regular basis, I will share my most favorite or most weird but still delicious meals with my blog-followers. I shall start this new tradition tonight.


On Tuesdays and Thursdays Ryan and I both get home a little after 7 PM. Doesn't leave much time for preparing dinner at a reasonable hour, so I always try to plan something that I can whip up in a hurry. I found this treasure in my Taste of Home Prize Winning Recipes cookbook. It uses only 5 ingredients, and I made my life even easier by purchasing a rotisserie chicken from King Soopers (it was 50% off too!). I halved the recipe since Ryan and I do not constitute 6-8 people, but we do enjoy leftovers. It's called Chicken Chili. I served it with Marie Callender's cornbread (you can buy the mix, and I highly recommend it) and green beans.


Ryan and I both really liked this dish. I know that he did because #1: He told me so, and #2: He took seconds. Always a good sign.


I hope that you enjoy it as much as we did! Bon appetit!http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/Chicken-Chili-4


No comments: