Thursday, January 23, 2020

Lydia - 10 Months

This week we celebrated Lydia's 10 month birthday! She finally has two little teeth on the bottom poking through. Whoo-hoo! She laughs socially now, and sometimes she will just sit there and make funny laughing sounds for no reason. 


She is 14 lb 4 oz (2%) and 2'2.6" (10%). She's super tiny like Maya was! She is starting to crawl, currently with one foot on the floor, one knee down. She also scoots on her bum by moving her feet in and out. She loves to play with her toys, and has recently started putting the rings on the stacking toy.


She is still a great eater, and has graduated to putting some things on the floor and then leaning over the side of her high chair to look at the item on the floor. She is very independent with her food, and gets grumpy sometimes when I have to cut food up for her, instead of getting the big piece. Gotta grow more of those little teeth, my love!


She dances and grooves to music, talks to us, and "reads" books. She likes to squeal and skwak (and I cannot figure out how to spell that) really loudly.


She is still napping twice a day, but it is starting to seem like she needs more awake time between naps. It often takes her up to 45 minutes to fall asleep for her afternoon nap. I may need to experiment with that a little. She nurses four times a day, and STILL once at night. Completely my fault. I am being really lazy about getting her to sleep through the night without eating. I am only nursing her for a few minutes, but still. Someday soon I will make myself tackle that milestone with her.

We love having Lydia in our home. I can't believe she's so close to turning 1! What a year it's been!

2 comments:

Holly Meehleis said...

I love that babe! Can't wait to snuggle her tomorrow!!!
Also, "squawk" =) (I had to google it to be sure haha)

Dad/ Papa said...

LYDIA!! LYDIA!! Love that princess and every princess and prince in your family!!