Thursday, January 23, 2020

Christmas 2019

We packed in a lot of fun over the course of a few days. The Saturday before Christmas we saw Santa Claus at Jax. There was no line, the pictures were free, and the Santa was decent enough. Maya said, "I don't care what you get me, but make sure it's something I will play with so my mom doesn't think it's junk." (she got a big toy horse she has been wanting); Brianna said, "I want an art set!" (she got it, but it was to share with Maya; she also got play-doh); Dallin said, "I want train tracks!" (he got it, as well as a trike); Lydia said, "Waaah!" (she got a new walker toy). In all honesty, Santa didn't even ask them what they wanted but that's what they were GOING to ask for. I did make sure Dallin got to tell Santa what he wanted (last picture in this set).




After the Christmas program at church we came home and snapped some family pictures. I love how they turned out! Thanks, Dad, for being the photographer!








Christmas Eve - the calendar is empty and the tree is full!


I always spend a lot of time in the kitchen on Christmas Eve. This year I made sugar cookies and a New York cheesecake that turned out superbly perfect. I also made a blueberry sauce to put on top and decorated it with whipped cream around the outer edge. It was so pretty and tasted amazing! *toot toot!* That's my own horn you heard there. I also made our traditional kaese spaetzle dinner with bratwursts and steamed cauliflower.


Christmas morning! Everyone was so happy with their gifts! I love that this hour of time is anticipated all month long. There is so much joy in the giving and receiving.










After a day of playing with their new things, we went to Brady and Erin's for Christmas dinner. The kids like to put on the nativity play. It gets really silly and is pretty chaotic, but they have fun. 


The big family gift was a new piano. I love having one, and Maya is enjoying taking lessons - although practice time is a different story.


When Grandma Cindy was here she gave out her gifts. The girls got new purses filled with lots of fun treasures! 


It was a very fun Christmas experience this year! Merry Christmas (a month late)!

1 comment:

Dad/ Papa said...

I agree with Holly's comment!! What a great Christmas at the Koenig's!! Would love to try out some of that cheesecake when/if you make it again!! :)