Thursday, February 15, 2018

Valentine's Day

Valentine's was pretty low key this year. The Sunday beforehand the girls and I made Chocolate Thumbprint cookies with Valentine's sprinkles on them. We took some to our next door neighbors.


On Valentine's Day the thing I was most excited about was doing the girls' hair. I came up with Maya's hairstyle on my own, and I felt proud! All of the other things I do are taken from photos or videos I've seen.





I was running late getting ready that day, and asked Maya to make lunch for her and Brianna. They had school that day so we had to get lunch made by 11:40 so that they can get to school on time. Maya made them turkey sandwiches with chips and strawberries. All by herself!! I didn't do anything to help at all - she got everything out (including the plates) and put it all together. I was so grateful to her and so glad that she paid attention enough in the past to know how to make lunch.


Brianna happened to have a field trip to the fire station on Valentine's day. Dallin and I got to go with her. (Note to self: teach kids fire safety!)


The firefighter did his best to make sure the kids knew he wasn't scary in his gear but Brianna was still pretty nervous about getting close to him.


At the end of the tour the kids got to go through the firetruck. 


She thought that was pretty neat!



The kids were going to sit on the front of the fire truck for a picture but right as they got ready to snap the photo, their alarm went off and the firefighters needed to skedaddle on out of there! It was a rush to get the kids off the truck and it made me laugh a little.


Snack time!


Thankfully there was another truck outside and the weather was quite warm (although very windy).


She is a goof sometimes. :) 


After school my friend Lauren and her boys, Stratton and Briggs, came over to hang out and have dinner. Ryan had Young Men's that evening so we didn't have anything planned. It was still a nice day and I'm glad we have a day designated to showing love to everyone around us!  Happy Valentine's Day!

1 comment:

Holly Meehleis said...

That fire station tour looks so cool! And it seems kinda neat that the alarm went off and they had to rush out so the kids could see it isn't a game, ya know what I mean? The National Fire Protection Association website (nfpa.org) has lots of fire protection tips for families if you want to check it out. (I write for fire protection companies quite often ;) )