Thursday, March 19, 2015

30th Birthday

Well. I have turned 30. I wasn't really looking forward to it, but kept reminding myself that Jennifer Garner was very anxious to be "30, flirty, and thriving", and I knew I could be at least 2 of those things! I love having lived 30 years. I have gained my own little family and have learned many many things in 30 years.

Ryan did an amazing job spoiling me on my birthday. Since it was on a Sunday this year, we did a little celebrating the day before. Ryan let me (try to) sleep in and took care of the girls. We went out to a late breakfast at a cute diner called Morning Glory. The food was delicious and the girls were very well behaved. Next door there was a bakery, so we stopped in and I picked out a cake that looked good.

We were going to have babysitters come over so we could go to dinner and a movie, but it started to snow and it snowed and snowed and snowed. We cancelled our evening plans, but ordered Chinese take-out and spent time as a family. After the girls were in bed we watched a few episodes of Downton Abbey. It was a very nice day!

The next morning, my actual birthday, Ryan got up early and made breakfast! He even took care of Brianna for me.


We had cinnamon rolls for an appetizer.


And amazing crepes for the main course! They were delicious!



The snow was a lot, so I made the executive decision to skip church that day and stay home. We all took full advantage of a snuggly, snowed-in day.







That night for dinner we had Pot Roast. I used this recipe: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/paula-deen/pot-roast-recipe2.html
It is the best pot roast I have ever had!

For dessert we had the cake I picked out. It was a Caramel Chocolate Cake and quite amazing. I think we will go back to that bakery again. 


It was a really great way to spend my 30th birthday. I love my sweet family and my amazing husband for spoiling me so much. I'm excited to discover what happens in my 30th year!! (Another baby? Maybe not....)

1 comment:

Dad said...

I love you, 30 year old daughter!! :) So glad you had an enjoyable birthday!! Tell Ryan thank you (from your dad) for spoiling you that weekend!