Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Estes Park Day!

I got to take my girls to Estes Park with my grandma, mom, and Holly. It was a great day that miraculously started with Maya sleeping in until 10:15 AM. So unheard of!! But it was a blessing because she had been up a lot in the night, and if she hadn't slept in she would have been no fun. No fun at all. It was also convenient that I didn't have to worry about messing up her nap because she wouldn't need one. Tender mercies. 


We started our day at Grumpy Gringo's, the Mexican restaurant we eat at every time we go to Estes Park. 



Maya enjoyed smelling candles. 


We all got delicious cookies! A nice woman passing by exclaimed, "Now that's a picture!" So I threw my phone at her and made her take one. 


We watched a man demonstrate glass blowing. Maya sat through the whole thing. 


And of course sweet Brianna was just along for the ride. She did great hanging out with us. 



Maya found this purple sparkly infinity scarf at the beginning of the day. Actually, she picked something out to hold in pretty much every store we went into. But this was the only item that she threw a fit about having to leave behind. So at the end of the day my grandma slipped back into the shop and got it for her. Maya was thrilled. 

Estes Park has always been a special place for me, and I so look forward to these trips every summer. 

1 comment:

Mom said...

That was such a fun and special day--I love looking at the pictures and enjoying the memories!