Monday, September 8, 2014

Brianna's Blessing

On September 7, 2014, Ryan gave Brianna a name and a blessing. We had many guests in our home to celebrate this occasion. Brianna wore the same dress that Maya did. In fact, when we found out we were having another girl, one of my first thoughts was that we would get to use that blessing dress again! I love it and think it's beautiful.

Brianna's middle name, Joyce, is for my wonderful grandma Joycelyn. She is a very dear woman to me, and much of my best childhood memories involve her. Every summer for many years she hosted a Grandma's Week - bringing all of her grandchildren together to spend time at the cabin she and Grandpa built in the mountains (so so fun), along with other activities. She was always so welcoming to our family in her home. She makes AMAZING chocolates! She has helped the holiday season become very special to me. When I was younger she had an elaborate Christmas display in her home, and I cherished seeing it every year. She is setting it up one last time after many years of not having it up, per my request, so you can bet we are going to her house for Christmas this year! She is the happiest person I have ever met, always smiling and laughing. She is a breast cancer survivor, and even throughout her battle she was making jokes about her experience and always finding a way to be positive. I have always known that she loves and cares for me, even when I was a snotty teenager who might have said rude things sometimes. I could go on and on, but overall, she's one of the sweetest people I know and I wanted to honor her by giving Brianna her name. 



Ryan gave her a very sweet blessing. The most touching part to me was when he told her that she will be a peacemaker in our home. I truly believe that she will exemplify that role.


4 generations on my mom's side!


I so love her perfect and sweet spirit. I feel undeserving to have received another wonderfully easy baby. (I've been knocking on wood like it's going out of style!)



4 generations on my dad's side! I love you, Sessie!!

Maya slept until after the blessing and pictures were done, which was somewhat convenient. After the blessing we had a late lunch and socialized for a couple of hours. It was a great celebration, and I'm grateful to everybody who was able to attend!

2 comments:

Crystal said...

What wonderful pictures! I wish so much that I could have been there. But it looks like it was a very special day, and I am so glad! Love you all!

Mom said...

What a beautiful tribute to Grandma!!

So glad we could be there to help celebrate a very special occasion!