Friday, July 4, 2014

Happy 4th of July!

In Erie we like to celebrate the 4th of July on the 3rd of July. That is the night we do the big festivities and watch fireworks. 

This year, with an 18 month old, I was both excited and apprehensive about going. I knew Maya would love the fireworks, but I wasn't so sure about keeping her up so late. It wouldn't be as easy to rock her to sleep in my lillebaby this year. 

We arrived at the golf course where they set off the fireworks around 7:45, so we had 2 hours to kill. Maya enjoyed playing with her pink ball, people watching, and dancing to the music. Her favorite movie is Happy Feet (or Mumble, as she would say), and she's picked up some pretty sweet moves from it. And, yes, she is wearing pajamas. 




She did AWESOME. She did rub her eyes a lot, but she was in good spirits all night. When they shut off all the lights to start the fireworks she got really excited that it was finally dark and cuddled up with me. But then the fireworks started! Haha! She watched them very intently, clapped, yelled "yay!", and signed "more" when there was a short lull. 



We got home around 10:20 PM and Maya finally got to get in her crib. She even slept in until 7:40 this morning, which was a treat for Ryan and me. 

Happy Fourth of July! I love this land of the free!!

2 comments:

Holly Meehleis said...

I love how she signs "more," that's so cute! I'm glad she enjoyed the fireworks!

Mom said...

Not all babies Maya's age enjoy the sound of fireworks--that's putting it mildly. What a little spitfire! I love her!