Tuesday, July 15, 2014

39+ Weeks

Well, here we are again, playing the waiting game. I love pregnancy. The two times I have experienced it I really have had an easy time and enjoyed almost every moment.

Until the end. I get so impatient with mother nature! Especially when false labor has tricked me once or twice, only to end up finding myself waking up in my own bed again, and not needing to go to the hospital.

I am trying to treasure my last few days with Maya on her own. My last day of work before maternity leave was on Friday, so I feel like I have a lot of time to spend with her and do fun things. Sure, I still feel exhausted by the end of the day, and maybe she gets to watch Happy Feet daily so I can just sit still, but I LOVE not feeling obligated to do anything else except play with her. Keeping that in mind is making having to wait a little longer for baby #2 to arrive worth it.

I do wish that the end was more predictable though. The last few nights when I go to bed, I feel uncomfortable and a lot of downward pressure, and will think to myself, "This has GOT to be the night!" But it never is!

At my appointment last Thursday I was dilated to almost a 3 and the doctor was surprised at how low baby's head has dropped. She told me to "Be ready!" and I think that kind of gave me false hope that things were super close to happening, because it has been 5 days since then and we are still just... waiting.

But before I know it the moment will come. It is, after all, only another 5 days until my due date (I hope I never have to experience going even a day late, because each day of waiting is eternal at this point!), so I know it has to be soon!

Maya just woke up from her nap. Better go make these last moments count!!

2 comments:

Dad said...

Well, those two additional days plus a couple of hours into the 3rd day were certainly worth it!! Brianna is a sweetheart!! Love you and her a ton!!

Holly Meehleis said...

Thanks for sharing the story! I'm so glad Garrett and I made it down to meet Brianna. She's so beautiful <3