Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Memorial Day

I FINALLY have a few minutes to spare to post something! Yay! (Keep napping Maya...)

Memorial Day weekend this year was really nice. Maya stayed with my parents Friday - Saturday, so Ryan and I spent Saturday working on the new baby's room. We moved all of the furniture out, and put it in our room. Thank goodness our master room can hold it all, or else I'm not sure what we would have done with all of the office furniture. Then we painted the first coat of the main color we chose for her a room. It is a very light girly pink and I LOVE it. We haven't had time to work on it anymore since then, but my self-imposed deadline to have everything ready is the end June, so hopefully we can bust out the rest of it in the next couple of weeks.

On actual Memorial Day we went to Golden with our friends. We went on a hike, that turned into a walk. It wasn't supposed to rain, but as we were hiking, dark clouds started coming in and we could hear thunder. I was a little nervous, but everybody else was acting like it was no big deal so we kept going. And then we ran into some EMTs bringing a woman back up who had sprained her ankle and they told us to turn around because of the storm (an answer to my prayers!). We were all pretty bummed by our hike being cut really short, but it was still nice. And Maya loved riding in the HUGE backpack on Ryan's back.


After our "hike" we got something to eat and then walked around downtown.



There was a large green area and folks were playing frisbee. Maya thought it was pretty great.



And of course, Vaughn was very happy!


I got a couple of cute shots of Maya running towards me. I love the look on her face.



I love this family picture!



A great reaction to seeing her first cowboy!


At the end of the day Maya was tired of Ryan and me, and only wanted Phil to carry her. So he got double baby duty.


1 comment:

Mom said...

I have been watching for your next blog post--this was worth the wait! I loved all the pics, especially the ones of Maya running to you, and her "cowboy" reaction. Look out, she might have a thing for guys who ride horses and wear boots with spurs! haha